Just Another Day
Started off the day having a nice breakfast with Ann's parents and John. Kinda nice to catch up, and definitely great to see John doing so well in the Army. He has really grown alot, from the day when I kinda first met him by picking him from Toronto's greyhound station. He graduated from high school, more than survived university, worked at EDB and organised many important events, chiong through BMT and OCS, and today's he's a fellow officer with numerous important tasks on his hands. It's nice to see him grow through the years, his maturity showing through his sense of responsibility at work and the way he sees things. I have to admit that I've always seen that little brother in him, and I still do to a certain extent. But seeing how he is taking on greater responsibility at work, and in his personal life, I can see a bigger side of him. After all, he's my brother-in-arms in the Army, and he sure is meeting up to the standard. I'm glad that he has done well so far, and hope that he will rise up to greater challenges even as he takes on new tasks. All the best, John!
After breakfast, was mass at St Mary of the Angels. Halfway through, as I was praying for Ann, it suddenly came upon me how much I missed her. I guess, with the long distance and all, I have been keeping myself busy with work, and soccer during the weekends. And I have gotten my weekly routine down to the dot. But today, I remembered how much I have been missing her, and how much I look towards the day when she will be back in Singapore for good, and we can share our lives together, fully and completely. Not that we are "suffering" from the long distance, and in fact I think we're doing great with the daily phone calls and blog reading stuff. But nothing beats spending time together, and I mean lotsa of time together, and enjoying each other's presence in our lives in the things we do, sharing everything thing in our lives. I missed that, and I am sure she missed that too...
Sometimes, I miss her terribly during the day, or during weekends, and how I wished we were back to the days when we could spend almost every minute together, less our time in school and in the toilet. I missed those days when she was around so that I could share freely with her my cornie jokes, my thoughts, my dreams and everything. And while I was in church today, I realised that she will be coming back in a week's time, and we will be having lotsa time together again. And this is not just another summer, cos we will be going back to North America together this time round. Today, God reminded me how much I have been missing my wife, and how much I have been praying for her safe return soon... And He is answering my prayers...
Well, I guess this is just another day for me...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home