An Award
I was talking to my dad over the phone to resolve some issues with my DBS iSecurity Device thingy, and he told me some new:
Dad: Oh, your mum won an award at work...
Me: (scratch head, thinking - an award, like some scholarship or something??) Huh, what award?
Dad: Her supervisor said that although at times, she may be slower with her work output, she is very honest, so they gave her $500
Me: (Amused, and yet so proud of her) Ok, that's very nice...
I am so happy to hear about my mum's award, and I'm sure she'd be very happy about it. Anyone who knows my mum would know that she'd be more happy about the award than about the money, although $500 is a welcome supplement to her finances :)
I am so proud of her. Since young, she has imparted to me many valuable attributes, much more important than all the knowledge I can get from school and all the experience I can learn from work. She taught me many important life attributes, of which simplicity, generosity and honesty stood out.
Today, she herself is rewarded for one of these attributes and I just wanna congratulate her. Since my mum is not a techno-savvy person, I doubt she'll ever see this blog entry unless I show it to her when I return to Singapore (in fact, I'm not even sure whether she knows what is a blog). Nonetheless, I'm gonna call her right now and let her know how happy I am for her... Heh :)
Labels: mum

1 Comments:
Congratulations! ha ha so cute and sweet and well-deserved!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home