HOPE
A sharing by a friend this morning about how he and his colleague encountered 2 car accidents separately brought to mind the Christian Hope. There is no rational correlation between how the accidents happened to how I am inspired to blog about Christian Hope, but I leave it as something beyond my understanding.
To live as a Christian, is to live with hope. It is no coincidence that the 2 greatest liturgical seasons of the Church culminate with hope. Hope during Christmas and Hope during Easter. While it always precede with a period of preparation, i.e. Advent and Lent, the Christian message is about hope - Hope in love through Christmas and Hope in salvation through Easter. And love and salvation brings life, life to the fullest as Jesus said in His own words.
Hope brings life, and Hope is the evidence of life. To live with no hope is to be dead, while from the tiniest hope springs forth life. There is still fear in my life, because I've yet to come to understand and experience perfect hope. But yet, in hope, I continue to believe in the perfect hope that I've yet to come to possess. And to hope in the perfect hope does not move me away from the present state that I am in, for to desire to move away from the present is to lose the hope for what is to come. Therefore, I must remain perfectly still where I am, so that I may have hope for what is not in the present, for it is the hope in the future that brings life to the fullest in the present.
Where there is perfect hope, there is full acceptance.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home