Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Lap Jack

I'm kinda having some "lap jack" (my mum's term for jet lag) right now... Arrived in Manhattan on Monday evening, and surprisingly, I slept quite soundly that very night. However, after battling the heat wave on Tuesday, a nap from 1700hrs to 1900hrs was in order. I suppose that late afternoon nap kinda compounded my "lap jack".

Went to bed yesterday night at about 2300hrs, and slept through till 0530hrs. Then my mind started wandering. So I rolled out of bed and started preparing the list of kitchenware, groceries and stationery that I need to prepare for my new Cornell home-setup. But that took me only minutes, as I lay on the nice air-bed that my Sis and Bro-In-Law bought for us. So, amidst the peace and calm of Manhattan (which is quite rare really, or have I gotten used to it so quickly?), I decided to check my emails.

Cleared my work email, and thank goodness, I did not receive any new emails so I just work on archiving them. I will probably sort out those emails and maintain my work email acct for correspondences with my colleagues back home. Then browsed the Straits Times Interactive for a while, before I decided that maybe I should blog.

Am still pretty excited about starting this new phase of life in Cornell. But I'm still kinda travelling right now, after Manhattan will be Toronto. And until I fully settle down in Cornell, after about 18 Aug, then will I feel the full emotions of transition. I've never really liked change, but I guess my work life over the past 5 years has taught me to adequately deal with changes, at least. So, this new lifestyle will take some getting used to, but I am sure will hold lots for me to learn, and to grasp. A 10-mths break from my work routine back in Singapore will surely bring me lots to cherish and to learn.

For now, it's back to the buzz of Manhattan as I hear my Bro-In-Law's alarm clock sounding off. Soon I will see my Sis walking out of the bedroom and prepare breakfast for all. And Ann, stop clicking your camera around me (both behind and in front of me). :P I don't need that much paparazzi, even though I am blogging in mid-town New York City.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home