Sunday, August 28, 2005

2 Months, almost...

Wow, it has been 2 months since I last updated my blog. Not that there weren't exciting things happening in my life, just that I have not really gotten down to writing any new entries. Ann was back for the past 3 months, and I'd spent most of my time with her. Be it helping with my Sis' wedding, or shopping for furniture for my new place, or just to spend time together and with our families. And time just flew by. She's back in Toronto again, and I am back to the 'single-hood' life of 2 soccer sessions per weekend...

But I guess age is catching up on it (or rather I am blaming it on the fact that I have not fully exercised for months). Played field soccer yesterday, first time in 3 months. And it sure was physically demanding. I guess my skills and ball control are still kinda there (not difficult to maintain basic skills, I guess), but my fitness has dropped tremedously! So it's kinda hard to show whatever little flair I have when I was actually trying to catch my breath most of the time.

And so, I have a new found resolution. To jog at least once a week during a week night, and to play at least one soccer session per weekend. That should help me achieve my target of losing my additional fats and trim my weight down to about 56kg. But of course, the more important thing is to reduce my fats content back to the "good old days".

But my time this weekend was well spent. Other than my come-back game at The Chinese High soccer field, I also concluded purchases for my study table & chair, a new stove, water heaters with toilet accessories, dining table and chairs and of course, new sofa. Well, although I have to admit the heartburn from how much money I have spent over this weekend, I was kinda relieved when I finished "shopping" through all these stuff. Actually, I have been walking around and eyeing these things for the past few weeks, but today, I managed to bring my mum & dad and my sis to look at them.

So now, it's just down to the lightings and an armchair for my dad. Also managed to steal a peek at our new place. Although the entire place is still very messy from the on-going construction, can already see it taking shape. Can't wait for moving day to come actually. Initially, I was worried that I may dread the day when I actually move out of Clementi for the first time in my life. But I kinda got excited about moving into the new place as I go around deciding the renovation work and shopping for furniture. I guess my 4 years in Toronto kinda got me used to doing things on my own and seeing them bear fruits. Besides, Bt Gombak is a nice neighbourhood too...

Wow, today's a long one. Will dedicate this to Ann, then, since she has been querying me when's the next time I will be updating my blog. My dearest fiancee should still be snuggling in bed, and dreaming her way through. I hope she gets a good surprise when she wakes up and see this entry. Hmmm, I wonder when she would come across this entry if I do not tell her that I have updated my blog...

2 Comments:

Blogger Ivy said...

hehe.. ever the romantic fiance :) Ann is blessed to have you by her side!

10:41 a.m.  
Blogger metwin1 said...

Does Ann know yet? That you've added a new entry I mean? *laughs*

If she does, how can she not leave a comment? But if she doesn't know... hmmmmmm...

2:57 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home