Saturday, March 25, 2006

Exciting

Going to Cornell is getting more and more exciting for me. I was browsing the off-campus housing listing and sent out a few emails. I had a recommendation for Fairview Apartments which look very nice, but is a bit pricier (I spoke to LTC Francis who did his Masters at Cornell too and he highly recommended the place for its peace and furnishings, despite the price). There are, however, a few Fairview apartments letting out at low US$700 plus which may just meet my needs. I am looking for a studio/1-bedroom less than US$700, but for Fairview, I will be willing to go a little bit higher...

Anyway, that's so much for housing. Was also introduced to the Cornell Graduate community through Jason's contact, and apparently they have a google group going on. So have been reading this responses... Anyway, I guess the Singaporean population in Cornell is rather huge, so it wouldn't be a problem settling in.

Have accepted Cornell's offer, without even waiting for Michigan now. I guess I just have the special affinity to Cornell, so I told myself "why wait?". Am looking forward to going Cornell. It will be a nice sabattical year for me. And as LTC Francis said, "you can finish your degree in 9 mths, then spend the rest of 3 mths thinking about your life plans!". Ha ha, that's quite what I wanna do, although I think I will be thinking about my life plans throughout the 12 mths. The nice campus and calm will surely help me in that!

Will work on getting nice housing for now and maybe at a later stage a nice car. Need to invest in a good one (not necessarily branded) in order to drive up often enough to Toronto without facing too much troubles...

2 Comments:

Blogger Hyper Henry said...

Heh, that we will have to see... Much as I would love my one-year sabbatical, there is still work to do in cold cold Ithaca, you know? :)

8:28 p.m.  
Blogger Hyper Henry said...

Ok, once every 3-4 weeks... HEE... I will get a good car... Fast one...

11:29 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home